Originally grown in Mexico, the seeds were highly valued for their medicinal properties and nutritional value. In fact, they were even used as currency.
The chia seed is nutrient-dense and packs a punch of energy-boosting power. Aztec warriors ate chia seeds to give them high energy and endurance. They said just one spoonful of chia could sustain them for 24 hours. Chia means “strength” in the Mayan language, and chia seeds were known as “runners’ food” because runners and warriors would use them as fuel while running long distances or during battle.
Not only that, but recent research has found that the chia seeds benefits are even greater than we realized.
Some of the health benefits of Chia seeds include –
- Promotes healthy Skin and reduces signs of Aging
- Digestive Health
- Supporting the heart and digestive system
- Help Treat Diabetes
- Boost Your Energy and Metabolism
- Helps building stronger bones
- Build Muscle and Lose Weight
- Fight Breast and Cervical Cancer
- Dental Health