Top 10 Health Benefits of Flaxseeds
For centuries, flaxseeds have been prized for their health-protective properties.
In fact, Charles the Great ordered his subjects to eat flaxseeds for their health. So it’s no wonder they acquired the name Linum usitatissimum, meaning “the most useful.”
Nowadays, flaxseeds are emerging as a “super food” as more scientific research points to their health benefits.
Here are 10 health benefits of flaxseeds that are backed by science.
- Flaxseeds Are High in Omega-3 Fats
- Flaxseeds Are Loaded With Nutrients
- Flaxseeds Are a Rich Source of Lignans, Which May Reduce Cancer Risk
- Flaxseeds Are Rich in Dietary Fibre
- Flaxseeds May Improve Cholesterol
- Flaxseeds May Lower Blood Pressure
- They Contain High-Quality Protein
- Flaxseeds May Help Control Blood Sugar
- Flaxseeds Keep Hunger at Bay, Which May Aid Weight Control
- Flaxseeds Can Be a Versatile Ingredient